An employee benefits agent or broker is a great resource for both employers and employees.
An advisor, agent or broker manages a number of different areas of employee benefits,
• Advocating for the employer and employee with insurance carriers, vendors, and providers.
• Subject matter expertise related to employee benefits, from plan design, trends, financing and compliance.
• Educating employees on how to use their benefits, tips and tricks, etc.
• Providing employee claims assistance between the carriers and providers.
• Assisting in enrollments, changes and terminations with carriers.
• Providing online benefits administration assistance (i.e. a Ben Admin system). In some cases, like Rose Street Advisors, an
advisor will also actively build, manage and integrate, the benefits administration system internally on behalf of their clients.
• Being a strategic partner in achieving each organization’s goals and objectives and driving recruitment and retention efforts
through employee benefits.
Ben Cohen, CEBS, is one of our large group Employee Benefits Relationship Managers. Following graduation from Central Michigan University (Fire Up Chips!) with a degree in Human Resources, Ben began his career in 1997 as a benefits consultant with Kushner & Company. After 18 years in that role Ben joined Rose Street Advisors in 2014. Ben’s daily focus is working with clients to offer benefit options that help recruit and retain a productive workforce in a compliant and cost-effective manner designed specifically for each employer. He also enjoys educating employees about their benefits in a fun and informative manner.
Outside of work, Ben is passionate about community involvement and volunteering. He currently donates his time as a board member with the Portage Community Center, volunteers with Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan, and participates with volunteer opportunities through Rose Street Advisors’ SWEET committee. In the past, his involvement has included the American Red Cross, United Way, Volunteer Kalamazoo, Optimist Club, Jaycees, KHRMA, and the Michigan Maritime Museum. Ben loves spending time at home and at their cottage in South Haven with his wife, Jen, and their dogs. He loves travel, cars, golf, sailing, and recently started a group with friends rowing vintage wood shells (42 N’ Rowing).