As the year wraps up, it’s natural to think about your goals – professionally, personally, and financially. It’s something that you and your household will want to assess and talk about openly and honestly. Use this year-end checklist to make sure you’re on track with your retirement savings goals.
○ Maximize your retirement savings – Consider converting to a Roth IRA or electing the Roth 401k
○ Review or update your beneficiary designations
○ Review tax withholdings
○ Review your insurance needs – life, home, auto and liability – make sure you’re adequately insured
○ Review your portfolio – diversify if need be or offset capital gains with capital losses (Tax-loss harvesting)
○ Plan ahead for education expenses
○ Check in on your emergency savings account
○ Fine-tune your budget – review your credit/debt
○ Think about your legacy goals/estate planning
○ Start preparing for the future
Whether you’re early in your career and building wealth, fine-tuning your future plans or prepping for life in retirement, there are things you may want to consider doing by Dec 31 to tidy you your finances.
If you have questions or need help, we are here for you. Reach out to Scott Higgins direct at (269) 552-3259.
For Educational Purposes Only. This material is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal or tax advice and is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified attorney, tax advisor, or plan provider.
Securities and Investment Advisory: Services offered through M Holdings Securities, Inc., A Registered Broker/Dealer and Investment Advisor, member FINRA/SIPC. Rose Street Advisors is independently owned and operated. Rose Street Advisors is a member firm of M Financial Group. #5357597.1
Since 2012 at Rose Street, Scott has been responsible for helping the firm’s individual wealth management clients with income strategies for retirement and consulting with employers with their employee retirement plans. In free time, he enjoys golf, biking, skiing, cooking, and traveling. Fun fact, Scott has a hobby of filling growlers with coins!